Wednesday 4 April 2012

Busy days

Easter holidays and the kids are home. How much do I love the holidays? We are all so much more relaxed and I love being around them. Miss T is learning to ride her bike without her trainer wheels and doing so well and Mr A has plans to build and hammer and make things, and of course play with the latest addition to our family, flopsy.

He is very cute and cuddly and has such a definite personality that I suspect includes a healthy stubborn streak. He lops out to the garden at full speed if we are there and happily hops about. Having in animal in the house again, reminds me of my own childhood though we always had dogs and not cute little bunnies :) 

On a more personal front I have been working on losing weight and with it of course comes the fixing of clothing! I redid a few pieces that were old favorites to suit me better. Here is one that I loved the print of. The fabric is a lovely flowy (is that not a word?) silk and I wore this lots. I decided that it would look nicer as a shorter more fitted top. I cut the sleeves off at elbow length and took the sides in for a more fitted look.


I then used my trusty overlocker to create sleeve and bottom bands to get a more blousen look. 
I love it and have worn it twice already. Am also working on a batwing top style that is printed in front and a lovely plain drapey knit at the back. 
Have a wonderful Easter...

No comments:

Post a Comment