Sunday 16 September 2012

Summers gone...

It's fall. The leaves on the horse chestnut trees that line the street where we live have turned in color. There is definitely a nip in the air and I have come out of sewing hibernation, which only seems to happen to me in the summer. The family holiday was amazing, Aziz my brother's wedding was lovely and I fit into the Shalwar! Hurray.
It was brilliant to be surrounded by friends and family and simply enjoy this wonderful occasion.

Our friend had a significant birthday party while we were out in Lanka as well, so glad we were there for it. A wonderful affair organised on the beach, so what if a bit of rain came our way :) Especially lovely for the Mr and me to catch up with all our friends, we both miss the social aspect of life in Sri Lanka and our friends very much.


Back to life in the UK and school has started as has work. Little miss started in reception, a hard time for me and she is already showing signs of loving it. Master A is now in Year 2, I cant believe it!

New classes at Langley and more connections to be made for me. The third years continue with lots to crack on with and learn this year. We cover more zips and fastenings and I have the lovely task of teaching them about mark making on fabric and some fabric printing. Having thought through the curriculum more, I have decided to keep to simple designs and processes. We will be covering block printing and prints using basic stencils only. We can work on more complex designs using embroidery and fabric manipulation. More on that later...


No comments:

Post a Comment